Video Revision Process
Revisions are included in nearly every video project.
Providing clear revision instructions and following this work-flow helps us help you faster.
We’ll send your Draft video(s) as a private Internet link(s). Feel free to share the link(s) with your team.
• Go to the Link we provide and enter the Password we provide — then press Play.
• The screen will show you a Play & Pause button when you place your mouse on the video.
• The Play/Pause feature displays a “Time Code,” showing you where you are in the video.
-Example: When you hit Pause, and see 1:45, you are at 1-minute 45-seconds in the video.
• Use the Time Code to note where changes are to be made (don’t worry if you’re off by a few seconds).
Revisions are made easiest when you send us a revision punch-list. Here are the steps:
Revision Round 1:
• Aim for major changes in this round — list what is to be cut or added & any major visual or audio changes.
• Using the Play/Pause button, watch your video and hit Pause at a spot you’d like changed.
• Jot down the Time Code of where the change is to be made.
• Write a brief description of what you’d like changed (or a note saying what you dislike).
• In sound bites (spoken remarks) tell us what to omit or move to another spot.
• If narrated, ensure that the script you previously approved is read correctly.
• Check spellings of written material such as names & titles.
• Ensure you can hear the people, the narrator and the music at appropriate levels.
• Consider length of the video — decide what needs to be trimmed (feel free to call and discuss with us).
• Once your revision list is complete, email it to your Vulcan Media contact.
Revision Round 2:
• Check to ensure the first major revisions were all made correctly.
• Aim for detail changes & polish in this round.
• List any camera shot or image you’d like replaced, swapped or altered.
• Check spellings, graphics and your logo for accuracy.
• Check overall length — at this phase, length should be nearly final — if too long, decide what gets cut.
• List other changes to be made.
• Feel free to call us at this stage, to ask questions or get advice.